Magisk is known as a “systemless” root method. It’s essentially a way to modify the device without actually modifying it. Also, Magisk is one of the most popular methods to root any Android smartphones. The developer, topjohnwu, just released a new version of Magisk v21.0 with official Support Android 11. So you can download and install stable Magisk 21.0 zip and latest Magisk Manager v8.0.0 APK on your Android Smartphone. It comes with full Android 11 support (tons of stuff had to be rewritten from scratch!), and a completely redesigned Magisk Manager.
Android 11 has started rolling out to some devices Like Google, Xiaomi and More, topjohnwu has released Magisk v21 and Magisk Manager v8.0.0 with support for Android 11, an app redesign, and much more. Magisk v21 also doesn’t appear to work with several MediaTek-powered smartphones at the moment.
To the end-user, not much has changed other than the fact that Magisk Manager has completely changed its appearance. However, developers should pay some attention to some changes due to adjustments for Android 11. Full changelogs are too massive to fit, so here I’ll point out the main changes and links to updated documentation.
Download Magisk 21.0
The following are the direct download links right from the Github repository of the project.
- Download Latest (Magisk-v21.0.zip) | Source
- Download Latest Uninstaller (Magisk-uninstaller-20201003.zip)
- Download Latest Magisk Manager (MagiskManager-v8.0.0.apk download) | Source
- [General] Support Android 11
- [General] Add Safe Mode detection. Disable all modules when the device is booting into Safe Mode.
- [General] Increase post-fs-data mode timeout from 10 seconds to 40 seconds
- [MagiskInit] Rewritten 2SI support from scratch
- [MagiskInit] Support when no /sbin folder exists (Android 11)
- [MagiskInit] Dump fstab from device-tree to rootfs and force init to use it for 2SI devices
- [MagiskInit] Strip out AVB for 2SI as it may cause boot loop
- [Modules] Rewritten module mounting logic from scratch
- [MagiskSU] For Android 8.0+, a completely new policy setup is used. This reduces compromises in Android’s sandbox, providing more policy isolation and better security for root users.
- [MagiskSU] Isolated mount namespace will now first inherit from the parent process, then isolate itself from the world
- [MagiskSU] Update communication protocol with Magisk Manager to work with the hardened SELinux setup
- [MagiskPolicy] Optimize match all rules. This will significantly reduce policy binary size and save memory and improve general kernel performance.
- [MagiskPolicy] Support declaring new types and attributes
- [MagiskPolicy] Make policy statement closer to stock *.te format. Please check updated documentation or magic policy –help for more details.
- [MagiskBoot] Support compressed extra blobs
- [MagiskBoot] Pad boot images to original size with zeros
- [MagiskHide] Manipulate additional vendor properties
Magisk Manager v8.0.0:
- 100% full app rewrite! Will highlight the functional changes below.
- Add detailed device info in home screen to assist user installation
- Support Magisk v21.0 communication protocol
- Support patching modern Samsung AP.tar
Hopefully, We believe you have successfully Download Magisk 21.0 zip and Magisk Manager 8.0.0. If you have faced any issue you can comment on your query. Thanks for being with us, We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback if there is any query share with us in the comment section down below. Stay tuned for further updates in the future on the same.