ZTE Blade A7 2020 smartphone was launched in May 2019. The handset came with Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on ZTE Blade A7 2020. This custom ROM is based on the Android 10 GSI build. Full Credits to Recognized Developer ludoid100 behind AOSP GSI and also Havoc developers.
If you are wondering what is GSI? well, GSI stands for Generic system image. It is a file-system image that you flash to your device’s system partition. It works as a pure Android implementation without any modifications or changes to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. It can be run on any Android devices running Android 8.1 or higher version due to the Project Treble support.
To install Havoc OS on ZTE Blade A7 2020, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Download Required Files
- Download the latest ZTE USB Drivers
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on ZTE Blade A7 2020.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on ZTE Blade A7 2020.
- Havoc OS zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Steps to Install Havoc OS on ZTE Blade A7 2020:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: ZTE Blade A7 2020
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the required TWRP file, Havoc OS file, and Supported GApps file from below.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your ZTE Blade A7 2020 Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Havoc OS on ZTE Blade A7 2020.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.imgThat’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Havoc OS on ZTE Blade A7 2020 based on Project Treble GSI images.