The data partitions on Android devices packed into a .img file. To extract a system.img file from an Android ROM you need tools specifically built for it. But you can not extract these img files by the official file extractor tools like 7-zip. Unfortunately, choices on a Windows PC are restricted for the extracting system.img files. The simple method we found to extract system.img on Windows is by using the following two tools:
- Ext4 Unpacker
The first tool Ext4 Unpacker converts the system.img file into an EXT4 file. After that, the second tool Ext2Explore, which is an explorer software for reading ext2, ext3, and ext4 file formats on Windows PCs, let’s you read the system.img file converted into EXT4 and copy complete contents of the file to a folder on your PC, which you can later browse using Windows explorer alone.
- A Windows computer
- Download the following tools:
- A system.img file from an Android firmware.
How to Extract System.img Files on a Windows PC
- First, Download both ext4_unpacker_exe.zip and ext2explore-2.2.71.zip files on your PC.
- Now, go to Download Folder and Extract the Both ext4_unpacker_exe.zip and ext2explore-2.2.71.zip files.
- After that, open the extracted folder of ext4_unpacker_exe.zip file
- Then, run the ext4_unpacker.exe file.
- You can See Folder Icon Button on the top right corner, and Click that Button.
- After that, Browse the Sytem.img Files saved on your Windows PC and Click open Button.
- Then, click the Save icon button.
- Now, Select the location where you want to save it.
Note: Do not Forget the add file name and .ext4 extension to it. For example, as system.ext4
- Now, Open the ext2explore.exe (run as administrator).
- After that, click the File button and open the system.ext4 file that we saved in Step 8 above.
- Now highlight the .ext4 file and select the Save option.
- Then, select the folder where you want to save the Extracted file and click the ok button.
- You have successfully extracted the system.img files on Windows PC.
Hopefully, we believe that this article remains helpful to you and that you have successfully Extract System.img Files on a Windows PC. Thanks for being with us and sharing your more valuable opinion and feedback in the comment section down below.