How to fix Among Us server connection error and reduced ping: Nowadays, more and more people have access to the internet, which has lead to the development of a lot of online games like PUBG, Fortnite, etc. But you need to have a high-end PC to play these AAA titles. Recently, a game called Among Us has gained a lot of popularity. Among Us is an online multiplayer game developed by developed and published by American game studio InnerSloth. The game is based on social deduction and has a space theme.
While the game was initially released back in June 2018, it got mainstream attention in 2020 due to many well-known Twitch streamers and YouTubers playing it. The game has a very basic idea, you are one of 4 to 10 players on a space ship. Some players are Impostors, their main goal is to kill everyone. The remaining players are a part of the regular crew they just have to escape unharmed. The Game is available on Android, iOS, and Microsoft Windows. And you have the option to play online with friends or by creating localhost as well.
Since the game is becoming so much popular, there are some little hiccups which the users are facing, the most common issue is the server connection error and reduced ping. So here are a few methods to fix server connection error and reduce ping in the game:
How to fix Among Us server connection error and reduced ping
- Try Updating the Game: The game has received a lot of updates recently. Make sure the game is up to date. You must be on the latest version whether you are on Android or iOS. If you are unable to download the game on your PC via steam try running Steam as admin, clearing the download cache, or deleting the Package folder.
- Update your OS: Before blaming the game, make sure your device is running the latest software. Make sure there are no pending software updates and if there is, install those updates immediately.
- Try a Different In-Game Server: If none of the above methods works, try change Among Us game servers from the settings panel. You can get a connection error or high ping if a lot of people are on the same server.
- Check your Connection: The connection error and reduced ping can occur from the user side as well. So make sure to check you have an active connection and no other background process is taking up your bandwidth.
- Use a VPN: If none of the above methods works, try using a VPN to join an Among Us server from a specific region, and connect the VPN server with the same region. It will help you in improving ping as well.
You can try the above methods and fix server connection errors and reduce ping in the game and now you will be able to enjoy the game without any hassle. And if nothing works for you try re-installing the game on your device or try on a different device. The game does not require high-end specs to give you a smooth gameplay experience. Read our blog to know more interesting posts.