How to Install CarbonROM 8 on HTC 10; Everyone wants to get the best Android experience and when it comes to the best Android experience OnePlus is the name that’s in the news right now. Flagship Specifications, OxygenOS, 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate, and a couple of additional features, like what else you really want. OxygenOS is one of the best OS it comes with a close to stock Android with a couple of extra features on top. OnePlus is known for giving the most snappy Android experience.
But you can get bored with the stock Android experience cause it feels too plain. Now, there’s a lot of custom ROMs out there to try out but not all custom ROMs are stable and bug-free. Some of the most popular custom ROMs out are the Pixel Experience, Lineage OS, Evolution X, AOSP extended, CarbonROM, and more. While most of them will give you a close to stock Android CarbonROM is a bit of an exception here. CarbonROM is a firmware based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). It is built to provide more versatility and more customization option to stock Android.
Recently, CarbonROM came out with its latest version CarbonROM 8.0 based on Android 10. CarbonROM brings features like System-Wide Custom Fonts, Custom Battery icon styles, and more. CarbonROM is also very stable as compared to other ROMs that come with so many customization options. There are even some features that are extended from the Android 9.0 pie itself. You can even either use the fonts that come with the ROM or you can create the font you like by going to this link.
Facts about HTC and HTC 10
CarbonROM is also available on other devices like the Xiaomi MI PAD 4 and 4 PLUS (clover), OnePlus 6 (enchilada), HTC 10 (guacamole), Xiaomi MI A2 (jasmine_sprout), OnePlus 6T (fajita), Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender), Google Nexus 4 (mako), Essential Phone (mata), Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite), Xiaomi Redmi K30/Poco X2 (phoenix), Nexus 6 (shamu), Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne), Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred). As of right now, the CarbonROM 8 is available for these 13 devices but the developers have promised that they’ll try to release the CarbonROM 8 for more and more devices in the near future.
We’ll install the latest version of CarbonROM, CarbonROM 8.0 based on Android 10 on the HTC 10. While some users criticized the HTC 10 for removing the headphone jack, not having support for wireless charging even though it has a glass back and a quite average performing camera but still the HTC 10 is a great overall device which will get you through your everyday tasks without breaking a sweat. Out of the box, the HTC 10 comes with Android 9 upgradable to Android 10. Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 on HTC 10 comes with some exciting features like:
- It gives a brand new UI with Enhanced location permissions for privacy.
- New customization options like the ability to choose icon shapes for the quick setting menu.
- Comes with some newly added full-screen gestures.
- It introduces game space which allows you to have a separate space to put your favorite games there. It provides a better gaming experience overall.
- Oxygen OS 10 brings the smart display feature, it shows intelligent info based on specific times, locations, and events for Ambient Display. To enable it just go to Settings->Display->Ambient Display->Smart Display.
- Oxygen OS 10 bring this feature to block spam messages by identifying specific keyword in a message. To enable this just go to Messages->Spam->Settings->Blocking Settings.
Before starting the process, there are some prerequisites to fulfill before could start with the exciting part:
- Make sure your phone is charged to 70%-80%
- Download the CarbonROM 8.0 based on the Andriod zip file for the HTC 10.
- Then Download the GApps zip file (Preferably Pico or Nano) to flash Google Apps.
- Download and install ADB and fastboot drivers on your Computer.
- You need to have an Unlocked bootloader mode on your HTC 10.
- You need to have a custom recovery (preferably TWRP) installed on your HTC 10.
How to Install CarbonROM 8 on HTC 10
First of all, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device. If you don’t know how to do it, then we have a guide for you guys. You can follow the guide on How to unlock the bootloader of HTC 10
You cannot proceed to follow this guide if your bootloader is locked. I f you do so then it will end up with the unexpected results if you try to install this firmware on your android device without unlocking its bootloader.
Now you have to install the latest TWRP on your device if you haven’t till yet and don’t know how to do it, follow this guide on How to download and install the latest TWRP on HTC 10.
How to Install CarbonROM 8 on HTC 10
Once you’ve followed all the prerequisite steps now your device is already all you have to do is flash the CarbonROM 8 on the HTC 10. Now follow the steps below to flash CarbonROM 8 on your HTC 10:
- First of all, place the CarbonROM 8 on your device’s storage.
- Now boot your device in TWRP recovery.
- Once you’ve booted into TWRP recovery, tap on Wipe->Advanced wipe and select system, data, Dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just don’t wipe the space where your ROM is stored.
- Now wipe the selected spaces.
- Then select Install and search for the CarbonROM 8 zip file and select it.
- Now swipe to flash the file.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- When it’s done. Don’t just directly reboot you still need to flash the GApps.
- Now to Install and search for GApps zip file and install by selecting the file and swipe to install it.
- And you are done. Just reboot your device and you’ll see CarbonROM 8 running on your HTC 10.
After following this guide. You will be welcome with a new Setup Wizard while setting the CarbonROM 8 on your HTC 10. You can expect updates for this ROM. When you’ll begin with the CarbonROM 8 based on Android 10, you’ll have the April security patch to start with. Just like the Resurrection Remix, Lineage OS, Pixel Experience and more CarbonROM has a respected name in the custom ROM development community better known for the customization options it provides to the user and the stability that you’ll get with the CarbonROM plus the frequent security and bug fix updates.