Google has Announced a New Chromecast After the Some Time (Almost 2 Year Gap). The Highlights of Chromecast come with a New TV UI well Know as Google TV. Android TV Biggest Update this year. Here’s you can get the New Google UI update on Android TV Devices. It will install Google TV UI on Android TV Devices.
Also, Google has Added Son many other Features like will bring a lot of Product and Your smartphone closer to the big screen. So, Today we Guide ” How to Install Google TV UI on Android TV Device”
- You Android TV Must be Running Android 9 Or Above Version. You can Check your Android Version from Setting >Device Preferences -> About -> Version. Once you confirm the OS requirement, you can move forward.
Google App for Android TV Devices (Version 184.108.40.2061218010 or above)
Google TV APK (Known as LauncherX)
Install Google TV on Android TV Device
- First, you need to Download the Both Application from the Above download Links on your Smartphone and Computer.
- After that, Install the Solid Explorer on your Android TV from the Google Play Store.
- Now, Solid Explorer is available on Android TV’s Play Store. No need to sideload this application.
- Then, Open the Setting on your Android TV.
- And, go to Device Preferences >Security & Restriction > Unknown Sources > Enable the Toggle for “Solid Explorer”.
- Once you have done the above process, now transfer both the APKs (Google App and Google TV) Mobile or Computer to your Android TV. You can also use the SFTV app to transfer files simply use a thumb drive to move the files from mobile to Android TV.
- Once you have moved both the Application to your Android TV,
- After that, open Solid Explorer and locate both the APKs.
- Then, click on the Google App and install it.
- Again Repeat the same process to install the Google TV app.
- After that, open the Play Store on your Android TV and you need to install Home Screen Launcher for Android TV.
- If you install the Home Screen launcher on your Android TV open it on the Android TV app. Immediately, it will detect “LauncherX” which is the launcher for the new Google TV UI.
- Then, Open it, and there you have the brand new Google TV running on your Android TV. All working fine including the new Google Assistant, personalized recommendations. Android TV has content from multiple apps tightly combined at one place, synced Watchlist, and more. Wait Some time to First Run, It will take some time to process the new UI.
- Note: After this Process, Click on the below image to open the slideshow.
- From now onwards, you will have to open the “Home Screen Launcher for Android TV” app (shortly called Home), and it will directly open Google TV UI on Android TV.
How to Set Google TV as Your Default Launcher on Android TV
If you want to set the new Google TV as your default launcher on Android TV device. Then follow the guide Step by Steps. You will have to perform some ADB commands through a computer or laptop to uninstall the default launcher.
After that, Google TV will automatically convert the default launcher on your Android TV. Also, you have to Restore the Original Launcher to perform some. we have also mentioned a command the restore the original launcher.
- First, Open Settings on your Android TV >Network and Internet >Your WiFi network.
- After that, you need to note the IP Address on your Android TV. You will need it later.
- In Setting Settings, go to Device Preferences >About and Scroll down to the Build menu.
- Now, click on the “Build” menu for 7-8 times continuously to Enable the Developer Mode.
- Once Developer Option is Enable on your Android TV.
- Then, go back to Device Preferences and scroll down and find “Developer Options“ after Open it.
- Here, scroll down and enable the toggle for “USB Debugging“.
- In the computer, you need to download and install ADB.
- Once done that, you need to run the below command to connect to your Android TV wirelessly. Here, replace ipaddress with the actual address that you noted in step #2.
adb connect ipaddress
- After that, You will get a prompt on your Android TV.
- Now, Enable the dialog box “Always allow” and then click on the “OK” button.
- If everything goes alright, you will get connected to ipaddress acknowledgment in the Terminal.
- You can also run adb devices command to check your computer is connected to your Android TV.
Note: If your Android TV is not connected then repeat the process from step #9.
- Now, that you are wirelessly connected,
- After that, run the below command to uninstall the default Android TV launcher.
- Also, Make sure you have already installed Google TV before running the below command.
adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.google.android.tvlauncher
- Once you perform the below Command, within a few seconds, the Google TV UI will Automatically Present on the screen of Android TV. Incase: If that does not happen, you need to restart your TV, it will directly boot into the new Google TV UI.
- In case, you are facing any glitches and Bugs then you can restore stock launcher by running the below command. youe need to wirelessly connected to your Android TV. Keep in mind, after every reboot, you need to repeat step #9 to secure the connection.
adb shell cmd package install-existing com.google.android.tvlauncher
Hopefully, We believe you have successfully Install Google TV on Android TV Device. If you have faced any issue you can comment on your query. Thanks for being with us, We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback if there is any query share with us in the comment section down below. Stay tuned for further updates in the future on the same.