Another custom ROM on android 10 is here to compete in the market. Lineage OS 17.1 is now available for some devices, soon it will be available for your device. Lineage OS has a reputation in custom ROMs and it’s one of the oldest custom ROM built which is initially called the cyanogen mod. This custom ROM won’t disappoint you in terms of stability and performance. This android 10 custom ROM is the most stable of all the custom ROMs which are built till now on the Android 10 platform.
Since Android 10 has been released recently so you won’t find many custom ROMs built on the Android 10 platform that’s why you are left with fewer options to choose. If you want something better from your smartphone then we recommend you to go with Lineage OS 17.1. This guide is about How to install Lineage OS 17.1 on Huawei P20 Lite.
Custom ROMs are the best option to keep your device up to date. Choosing the right custom ROM for your device can be a tricky thing because there are plenty of options in the custom ROMs. We recommend you to choose the custom ROM based on the stability and performance of it on the device. You can check the reviews of the persons who have installed this custom ROM earlier on their device. Talking about the Lineage OS custom ROMs, these custom ROMs doesn’t compromise with the stability and the performance as well. If you want to know how to install Lineage OS 17.1 on Huawei P20 Lite then follow this guide.
Erandroid is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for Huawei P20 Lite . Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
What is BiTGApps_Q
If you search for android 10 GApps you may see something like BitGApps in the search results so, what is BiTGApps? BitGApps is the new package for android 10 users only in
- Lineage OS 17.1 for Huawei P20 Lite – Download
- Gapps For Lineage OS 17.1-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to download and install Lineage OS 17.1 on Huawei P20 Lite
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of Huawei P20 Lite . The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on Huawei P20 Lite . Then the third and final section will guide you on how to install Lineage OS 17.1 on Huawei P20 Lite .
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC
- To unlock the bootloader of Huawei P20 Lite , you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in Huawei P20 Lite
- Open the ADB folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot OEM unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On Huawei P20 Lite
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on Huawei P20 Lite
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the ADB folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to ADB folder and hold shift and right-click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you’re into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install Lineage OS 17.1 on Huawei P20 Lite
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, Dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the Lineage OS 17.1 zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the Lineage OS 17.1 zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install Lineage OS 17.1 GApps on your device
That’s all on how to download and install Lineage OS 17.1 on Huawei P20 Lite . After following this guide if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section. We will try to reach you as soon as possible. If you have followed the guide successfully then you will get the expected results. Do share and follow our blog for such amazing posts.