Cheer up guys because now you can download and install the Android 10 on your device with the help of the latest lineage OS custom ROM. The technology nowadays has become so advanced that you don’t have to wait for anything anymore. If you see something new released for smartphones and even if your smartphone brand won’t roll out an update on it then also you can get it on your device without waiting for the official things. The era of waiting is now over my friends. If you want to know How to Install Lineage OS 17 GSI for ZTE Blada A5 then follow this guide.
You must have heard about the android 10 lately, Some devices have got the android 10 official update from their brand but still, there are a lot of devices which are left outdated so for those devices the good news is that the custom ROMs based on Android 10 has been started rolling out. Choosing the best custom ROM for your device has always been a tough one. There is a lot to look into a custom ROM before installing it on our device. You cannot just trust any custom ROM randomly you found on the internet. If the custom ROM you install is not healthy then it can cause your device to malfunction. If you haven’t installed any custom ROMs earlier in any device or got no knowledge of custom ROMs then you should read this article.
This is a guide on How to Install Lineage OS 17 GSI for ZTE Blada A5. This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. All the steps mentioned in this guide are equally important so, follow all the steps correctly so that you can get the expected results.
Lineage OS 17- The Android 10 Custom ROM
If you are into the custom ROMs then you must have heard the name of the Lineage OS. Now for those who don’t know Lineage OS is the oldest custom ROM name you can get on the internet. Initially, the Lineage OS project is called the cyanogen mod but later on, it is named Lineage OS projects. Lineage OS has now released its unofficial built on the Android 10 platform the Lineage OS 17. The unofficial Lineage OS 17 is now available for most of the devices. You can now download and install the Android 10 on your device if you haven’t got the update till yet. Lineage OS 17 is one of the stable custom ROM built on the Android 10 platform.
You can completely trust this custom ROM to be installed on your device as 9 out of 10 users have found this custom ROM amazing in terms of stability and features. You will get to see all the features of android 10 on this custom ROM. Since this is an unofficial version of the lineage OS 17 so you might witness some bugs in this custom ROM but till yet we haven’t got any updates on bugs in this custom ROM.
Since this ROM has GSI so, you have to check whether your device has the project Treble enabled on it or not. Sometimes some devices won’t support project treble on it so you have to check if Meizu has the Project treble support or not. Generally, project treble is supported in all the devices which run android version 8 and above on them so you should check once if your device is supported or not. You can check it by following the steps below
- Download the app which checks the compatibility of project treble on your device
- Run the app
- If you are green in the test then you are good to go
- Also, see if you are green for the seamless system update otherwise you cannot proceed to install this ROM.
How to enable project treble on ZTE Blada A5
Now if your device supports Project treble and you don’t know how to enable it and install the GSI on your system then just follow the steps written below:
- Download the enabler zip file for your device
- Restart your device into the TWRP mode
- Now wipe your device by Wipe -> Advanced Wipe and select the following partitions: Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Data, Cache and Vendor.
- After successfully wiping those items from your device go to the install section from the main menu
- Select the enabler zip and flash it.
To install a custom ROM which has GSI in it, you must have project treble enabled on your device. If the ROM cant finds the project treble enabled in your device then it will not be installed in any condition. If you have followed the steps we have written above correctly then you will be able to install this custom ROM on your device successfully but if you have some problem in following the steps above then you can ask your queries out in the comment section below.
Erandroid is not responsible for any kind of damage caused to your device after following this guide. Proceed at your own risk. Unlocking bootloader is an easy but risky process if you skip any step then it may result in bricking your device and in that case we are not responsible.
Note: By following this guide your smartphone’s warranty will be void.
- Your battery must be above 80 percent before following this guide
- This guide is only for ZTE Blada A5. Don’t follow this for any another device
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed
- Don’t skip any step as missing any step could brick your smartphone and you may not be able to receive it back.
- Lineage OS 17 for ZTE Blada A5-Download
- Gapps For Lineage OS 17-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for windows-Download
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for MAC-Download
How to download and install Lineage OS 17 on ZTE Blada A5
This guide has been prepared step by step so that you can follow it easily. We have divided this guide into three major sections, the first one will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of ZTE Blada A5. The second section will guide you about installing TWRP on ZTE Blada A5. Then the third and final section will guide you on how to install Lineage OS 17 on ZTE Blada A5.
1. Unlock the bootloader
- Download and install ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC
- To unlock the bootloader of ZTE Blada A5, you have to enable USB debugging from the developer’s option. If you don’t know how to do it then open settings>>about device>>tap built number 6-8 times till the message appears you are a developer now. Then go to Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. This will enable USB debugging in ZTE Blada A5
- Open the ADB folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Now one by one enter the following commands
adb reboot bootloader
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command
- fastboot OEM unlock
- If you get any message on the smartphone the press yes to confirm unlocking
- After the process is completed successfully run this command
2. Install TWRP On ZTE Blada A5
This section will tell you how to install the TWRP on ZTE Blada A5
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image for your device and rename it to TWRP and save it in the ADB folder. To download the TWRP for your device follow the link above and select your device and download the TWRP recovery image from there.
- Now go to ADB folder and hold shift and right-click inside the folder then select open command window here.
- Connect your device with the PC and type:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you’re into bootloader mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device.
- Done!! This will install TWRP on your device
3. How to install Lineage OS 17 GSI on ZTE Blada A5
- First of all, follow the pre-requisite section then proceed
- Now download the required ROM files from above and save it on your device’s storage
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode Select wipe and tap advanced wipe then the select system, data, Dalvik/ART cache, cache. Just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the Lineage OS 17 zip file.
- Now swipe to format the selected items
- Now Select install then search for the Lineage OS 17 zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed
- Now follow the same steps to install Lineage OS 17 GApps on your device
That’s all on how to download and install Lineage OS 17 GSI on ZTE Blada A5. After following this guide if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section. We will try to reach you as soon as possible. If you have followed the guide successfully then you will get the expected results. Do share and follow our blog for such amazing posts.