How to Unlock Booltoader of any Motorola device: The budget smartphones segment is ruled by manufacturers like Xiamoi, Realme, and Motorola. Some budget smartphone manufacturers even allow the user to make customizations without voiding the warranty. To make the most out of your budget smartphone. It is highly recommended to install a custom ROM. Also, root your device. But manufacturers prevent the users from installing a custom OS and even having root access by locking the bootloader.
A bootloader is the first thing. That starts when a phone is switched on. It is used to check the check and verify the software running on your phone before it loads. It acts as an extra layer of security by preventing the user from installing any unauthorized software. Before you could install any custom ROM on your device or root your Android device you need to unlock the bootloader.
Motorola is one such manufacturer, which keeps the bootloader locked to prevent the user from making any modifications to the file system. Before we can unlock the bootloader on your Motorola device, here are some prerequisites:
- Make sure your device has at least 80% charged.
- Create a complete backup of your device before starting the process.
- Make sure you have USB debugging enabled on your device.
- Download and install USB drivers for your device.
- Make sure you have adb and fastboot already setup on your PC.
- Unlocking the bootloader will void your warranty.
How to Unlock Booltoader of any Motorola device
Now that you have checked all the prerequisites, you are good to go. Do follows the steps very carefully as you can end up bricking your device. Follow the steps below to unlock the bootloader on your Motorola device:
- Power off your device and turn it on into FASTBOOT mode by holding the Volume Down + Power Key.
- Now connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Navigate to “adb-fastboot” folder and hold shift on the keyboard and right-click on space and select “Open command window here” to open the CMD window.
- Now to find out if you device is connected properly. Type in the following command: fastboot devices
- Then you have to find the unlock data, for that type in the following command: fastbootoemget_unlock_dat
- Now you’ll see a multiple line code in the CMD window.
- Now copy this coded string and paste into the notepad and remove space between the string.
- Copy this code and head to the Motorola Bootloader Unlock Website.
- Paste the Code There and Click On “Can my device be unlocked?”.
- Now you’ll receive a 20 character alphanumeric Unlock code on your Mail. Copy this code.
- Now in the Command Window Type in the following command: fastbootoem unlock UNLOCK.CODE.YOU.COPIED.EARLIER
- Now your device will reboot. (with a warning saying your device is unlocked.)
You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Motorola device. Now you can install Custom ROMs and even root your device without any hassle. Installing a custom ROM will give a new life to your old budget smartphone.